Saturday, September 15, 2012

The Productivity Blues

I haven't quit blogging yet, but at this point I'm moving slower than an injured snail. Usually I post something about once a week when I feel like it and that has to be the stupidest I could do. In case you don't know NEVER wait for your feelings to come around to do anything in Life. Do you think full length screenplays would ever be completed if the writer just wrote when he felt like it? Would songs be recorded? Books be published? 

I don't care how passionate you are about your Life no one is above feeling too tired, too brain-blocked, too weak etc to do what they know they should be doing. If anything, our feelings  are good for leading us to inspirational messages, thoughts, ideas, etc but beyond that they only serve our weaker self who is always too "something" to ever get shit done. 



Now I've known this for awhile and yet I'm still stuck in the same trap. Still only writing when I feel like. How much simpler would Life be if we lived up to the things we already know? 

Well that's what I'm going to try to do here. Ignore my feelings when they don't serve me. I've decided I better stop pretending I can write Monday through Thursday when I've spent all my energy at work and instead write several posts on the weekends that I can publish on my blog throughout the weekdays.   

Now you may think, I'm taking the inspiration out of the message. Not exactly. Like I mentioned I love the feeling when I think of a new topic to write about. I jot it down. And the feeling behind that idea/topic stays with me for weeks. It's just a matter of being honest with myself about when I'll actually get around to writing about it.

(insert real awesome quote about being productive here.)

4 comments:

  1. “Diligent hands will rule, but laziness ends in slave labor.” Proverbs 12:24

    The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome.

    Stop complaining. 80% enjoy the fact that you have problems and the 20% don't care. Do something about it for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, all of those are Kandalucci inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely agree with his 80/20 percent rule

    ReplyDelete

HEY GUYS! FEEL FREE TO COMMENT. YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE A BLOGGER.COM USER. Although I would like if you "comment as: name/url" so that your name pops up unless you truly do want to remain anonymous. Thank you and good day! :)